Tuesday, May 6, 2008

And even when you're hope is gone, move along.

Yesterday I had written an entry to post here, filled to the brim with excitement about my May 17th wedding with Claire. Seems the laws of the universe were out to prove some sort of twisted lesson; a reality pin pricked my May-inspired bliss when Claire emailed to say that it wasn’t going to work. With the wedding only a week and a half away it’s understandable that my lack of experience is more liability than asset. It’s just, it doesn’t make it any easier to swallow.

It’s like I’m standing nose to a wall, not quite sure how to go about breaking through it. I know in my heart that this is what I’m supposed to do; I just can’t seem to find the means to grasp it.

I can grasp the image of the destination, but don’t understand the steps to place to get there. I’m enrolled in several courses, am writing here, am constantly trying to get out there and take pictures that mean something to me, but I just don’t know how to get that practical experience to build a reputable portfolio.

I know many photographers are leery of second shooters, rights of images, someone in your way, one more worry to concern yourself with on an already very important and busy day; I can see that there are many reasons why the idea is less than appealing, I guess I am just holding onto the naïve hope that there has to be someone out there willing to open their knowledge up at some point.

I suppose I should put the Ben and Jerry’s down and get over my pity party, Amanda always says “What’s for you won’t pass you” so I guess I’m just going to put my faith in that.

0 comments: