Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"You Got Me Begging For Mercy, Why Won't You Release Me"

Last year I had made a bet with my cousin Marc. We had been sitting around the kitchen as usual, and it had been weeks of watching and listening to him cockily strut around that he just knew exactly what he was getting for his birthday. One for surprises, I'd had enough of his prodding and guessing, to shut the little punk up I blurted that I'd got him underwear. And they were pink. I figured hah, that'll show him. His face slowly morphed like a Looney Toons Cartoon, the elated smile he'd been wearing was turned down sharply at its sides. And then, just to show me, he perked right up, "No, you're not". Well I'm sure everyone here can imagine the childish teeter totter of arguing that ensued.

Even though I knew he was right, I did something next that perhaps turned the tables and made me into the cocky strutter. I bet him that I did, and he'd be sorry when he opened them up come January 18th. My Aunt wasn't much for children wagering any real money, so we bet something much much worse.

Two full minutes of non-stop tickling.

I knew I was in for it, but I couldn't help it with how ridiculously hilarious the two of us had become. Weeks passed, and of course I didn't subject the poor eleven year old to pink underwear. The day happened to fall after my first trip out on the ski hill, and in stiff movements I bowed my head. We had agreed to the terms, the commencement would take place in the upstairs jacuzzi tub, you know, in case accidents happened (Hey! Two minutes is a long time). Since I figured I'd be in for some thrashing, and to get an extra giggle from the kids I strapped on my snowboard helmet, complete with goggles and hopped in.

And you know the little bugger tickled me for nearly two whole minutes straight without a breath. It was truly one of the most overwhelmingly pricelessly hilarious moments of my entire life. I hope as he grows up I'll never forget the hoarse sound of his laugh as his hands jabbed mercilessly at my sides. This weekend I snuck up on him in a much quieter moment, at the piano his concentration was endearing, reminding me of the littler rotters sweeter side. (For a quick laugh there's an old snapshot of the ticklement of death at the bottom ;)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Haha!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you spelled Marc wrong!!!

CamilleElise said...

You've never commented before and now finally you do, and it's to point out my complete tool-ness. Thanks a lot fanny! :)

michelle ford said...

fanny made me laugh... oh and so did your outfit as marc (with a c fanny) tickled you. hehehe

i love that you captured this on film and in a blog. my memory is awful and i'm so fearful that precious moments are disappearing from my memory all the time. my journal and photos are all i can count on to keep them fresh in my mind

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that we love checking your blog to see what is new in your life. p.s. Thank you soooo much for all your blog love it means the world to us!

Anonymous said...

i have commented before...

jamiedelaine said...

That's hilarious! I'm not ticklish so that would be pretty boring 2 minutes for me. ;)