Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"How Did We Get Here, I Think I Know How"

This morning I rode my bike to work, not as a heroic healthy choice in our below zero weather, but as the only alternative remaining in my losing battle with the snooze button. I clicked the horrifically unstylish helmet to my head, wiped the sleep out of my eyes and eased onto the cooly uncomfortable seat.

It took only five minutes before I questioned my very sanity. As someone who generally loves winter in it entirety I found myself grumbling obscenities to Jack Frost himself wishing for another layer, a sunny beach vacation, or even just a drop in the wind chill. Though I did manage to cruise into work, fly-aways absolutely everywhere and red-faced, I spent the next three hours drifting in and out of focused concentration and that longing for warmth.

I got home a little while ago, and in digging up on my old hard drive found these pics of us goofballs at the Cabin. While it's no Hawaii, I can definitely feel warmth when I look at them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

michelle ford said...

ah the visions of summer. i learned how to bike for the first time this past summer! holy cow it was hard! it's totally different when you know what pain feels like and you aren't as brave as an innocent child.

Catie Ronquillo said...

Great sunset! Looks like a fun trip. PS, you've been tagged! Check out my latest post for instructions. :) Happy Sunday!

Jennie Pennie said...

I love the pic (3rd from the bottom) of the two kids. Great lighting and such a great capture!
Cheers!

Sabra said...

HAH that first photo sums up traveling to a "T". Love it!