Monday, November 24, 2008

"Tell Me You'll Open Your Eyes"

I have these moments, and I’m sure in an attempt to explain them I nearly always sound like I’m trying to take the academy from Jack Nicholson’s R.P. McMurphy.  But nonetheless I still have them.  Like warped intuition or a really distinctive gut feeling.  Only it’s not in my gut, it’s in my heart. It sneaks up on me quietly and then out of nowhere in the most remarkably ordinary moments of my life my heart clenches.  Again it’s a weird mix, almost like a slight stroke I’d imagine, very close to wicked heart burn; this throbbing like a flickering warning sign not of an impending heart attack, but rather to slow down, and just open your eyes.

.......The sea-doo tube knocking sluggishly against the dock, knees stickily stuck to Layne and Braye, my voice a steady whisper of Cullen History, warm hands curled into the sides of my arms.

.......Marwa's incredulous wide eyes over the bag of popcorn, the comfort in thinking the same thought, smiling the same smile, drooling the same drool.

.......The kitchen echoing with choking laughter, Aunty Pam's glowing eyes filled to the brim with my latest telling disaster.

.......My IPOD Shuffle skidding to a halt on The Plumb Song, "Feel I can Touch The Sky" down to the ends of my fingertips.

The pit of your happiness is in those simple moments, and if you breath in deep you can hold it carefully in your palm. I hope my heart never stops kicking me in the tush in reminder to cherish all that is so easily overlooked.

Here's a peek at my next happiness explosion blog post: **Fun Cabin Times** :)

0 comments: