Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Oh Baby, Give me One More Chance, Won't You Please Let Me, Back In Your Heart"

Each Wednesday after my photoshop class, I plunk onto the bench outside of SAIT and wait for my bus. Route #19, its an accursed route I tell you, you've got to spin three times, while hopping on one leg, with one eye closed to even wildly hope that it might come on time. So when it came time for me to take up my usual seat, I thought twice, I was feeling invigorated, my newly snazzed up sharpening and dodging skills were pumping through my blood, heck why couldn't I just walk with all this pent up energy?

Fourteen blocks later, and my sixth patch of black ice later, I wasn't so invigorated. The cold had weaseled into the toes of my boots, and my scarf was frayed frozen at the ends, how on earth was I going to keep going for eight more blocks? And then I did what I do everytime I'm feeling sad or low...I took my Ipod off Shuffle, scrolled to J, and hit play to the perfect Motown Remedy, that's right: The Jackson 5: more specifically, "I Want You Back". I bounced, bopped and boogied the rest of the way, and managed to make it all in one piece, and in a perfectly decent mood. Feeling as bumpin' as I am I feel like dabbling with all my new mad photoshop skills, but I fear my pillow is hollering my name quite loudly.

Instead I'll leave you with this awesome picture of my desk, a shock indeed that it is somewhat clean. I think that's why I even took this shot, it's one in a series of several to show that I do sometimes actually clean my room, thank you very much! It's got several of my most favorite things in it: Finished scrapbook pages, Jim, BFF Photobooth Shots, and one of my favorite xmax frames of my family.

Photobucket

3 comments:

michelle ford said...

seriously? camille? seriously? jackson 5?!

Mary Marantz said...

ok this post just makes me SMILE!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Love the shot you've got for your header... very cool.