Thursday, September 18, 2008

In business with catching up, I owed some photos on here of my mini-excursion to Rocky Mountain House. My grandfather has decided months back to make the trek from Nanaimo to our beautiful prairie-laden province, and I managed to finagle a couple days of work off to head up with him to my Uncle Brendan and Aunty Anne’s new place.

We had a fantastic time jam-packed (literally) with every type of athletic adventure possible. It was a great trip all around, and while several of my muscle groups ached for Bailey’s and a massage I managed to come back to Calgary all in one piece.

Here’s my most favorite photos, with some lovely added commentary (Bear with me for some, it was a little hard for my brain not to stumble for an adequate description of Aquatic Target and Race to Mow.)

Our first day started with an approx. 4 hour trek with this sign at the front, it made me slightly weary:

Photobucket

This waterfall at the end was beyond worth the kajillion kilmetres it took to reach:
Photobucket

The Gang: Grandpa, Anne, Me and Brendan.
Photobucket

This photo is so entirely my Grandfather I feel like it could have been taken down the lane from where he grew up in Ireland.
Photobucket

Then we moved onto poker, of which our music selection was delightfully chosen by Aunty Anne:
Photobucket

Game Face:
Photobucket

Game Face?
Photobucket

Ahhh and now I can explain that while most take in rainy days with a good movie and a fire we spent ours launching twenty eight water balloons at poor innocent teddy bears:
Photobucket

I so had the disadvantage in this round, I tied all of these and had to experience several fatal accidents in where me, the dogs, the window and the entire kitchen floor were soaked by imploding renegades:
Photobucket

Photobucket

On to Croquet, where I may add I was half an inch from winning when my sneaky Aunt punted me to the next acreage:
Photobucket

Photobucket

And now for pictures that won't hardly come close to the incredibly awesomeness that was racing the John Deere around a timed obstacle course across two acres.

Here's Grandpa kaiboshing our plans for rings of fire. Seriously.
Photobucket

Aunty Anne's strategy: Fly like a bat out of hell.
Photobucket

These next two pictures are visual proof of my quest to say true to my authentic self here on this blog. On the course there was indeed a section to parallel park, and apparently even on a lawn tractor it scares the poo out of me...on both runs I trampled the innocent 'cars', I swear I had good intentions :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comments:

As I See It Photography said...

I LOVE the fourth pic...the one of your grandfather...what a nice portrait! gLAD TO SEE YOU POSTING MORE...CAN YOU BELIEVE jASMINE COMMENTED UP ABOVE !WOOT WOOT!