Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"Make it last forever friendship never ends"

"2wit Function: noun: Astuteness of perception or judgement; the ability to relate seemingly disparate things so as to illuminate or amuse."

Or as I like to call it, really clever humor. Now everyone has their own style, me myself I usually prefer the self-deprecating variety, but my friend Marissa, she has the gift of wit. Humor so quick you might just miss it if you're not careful. Putting aside all biases, I think she really could give Ferris Bueller a run for his money.

If I had to pick, I would have to say it's my most very favorite thing about her. If I didn't have to pick I could go on for days with everything that makes her one of the shiniest gems my life has ever stumbled upon. The way her dashboard always finds its way to classic rock, no matter what the city. Her abundant love for all things pink, Disney, and my little pony. Her intensely intelligent political arguments. Her complete and utter dedication to Foose. The way she rattles the nails in my true love soapbox. The way she's been my friend so all-encompassingly these past seven years it's hard to blink into a past where we could not have met. In short I love her, most ardently.

And as for Marwa, well she's got a similar paragraph. She's shown me that in the silences of people and their relationships, if you look closely you can truly grasp the beauty of the human condition. And I think for the rest of my time on earth, my heart will always enjoy those silences most with her. She is so caring that it's painfully breathtaking, her strength and fervor for those she loves is a talent beyond what most have been given, and I know my dented and battered spirit might not have made it out beating without her fierce protectiveness and love.

I hope cheesy pop always rates highest on her nano. Hope that no one ever understands why I like From Justin to Kelly but her. Hope that her Edward comes along sooner than later. Hope she always reminds me to change my toothbrush when it's splayed. Hope she never forgets the swiffer dance move. Hope I can become half the woman she's become. Hope that she is my friend forever.

And after all that soppy mush we can finally get to the good stuff, here's the pictures from our Edmonton trip a couple weeks ago...

Marissa and Marwa inside the whale mouth @ West Ed
Photobucket

Best Bday cake ever.
Photobucket


Photobucket

I know, you're jealous!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Walk down by the river valley..
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You never know when you won't get to say I love you again, and so I have to say it one more time, I love you both, to the moon and back.

7 comments:

As I See It Photography said...

WOW...what a great post ..your writing is AMAZING!

Hanaumi Photography said...

True friends are the best! Cute photo of your friends in the whale's mouth (^_^)b

carlie.renee. said...

wow i am really jealous that you still have your dream phone game. looking through the photos of you guys listening into the phone brought me back to some great memories!!!

and that chocolate cake looked very yummy.

Jenn Galloway said...

Fun! And what fantastic friends you have to share good times! PS. I totally love the whale at west ed!

Catie Ronquillo said...

OMG I remember the Dream Phone! I always wanted one, but my mom wouldn't buy it for me :( What good times!

kayla :) said...

wow your pictures are great !I love photography !

me said...

HAHAHA. Oh my goodness!!! I havent seen that Phone Game in soooooo long.... and now that I think about it... it is soooo evil! =p