Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"All Kinds of weather, we stick together, the same in the rain or sun, two different faces, but in tight places, we think and we act as one"

I can't quite pinpoint the right word to describe my sister. 


Hilarious.   Beautiful.   Loving.   Kind.   Outgoing.   Giggly.   Reasonable.   Serious.  Organized.   Conscientious.   Dependable.   Perceptive.   Sensitive.   Original.   Open-Minded.   Creative.  Practical.   Enthusiastic.   Intellectual.

I could go on, but in a word, she's wonderful.  She reminds me to be exactly who I am, never anything else.  Someone who subtly and unconsciously reminds my eyes to lighten, heart to burst, and soul to feel like it's okay to let itself be unburdened.

I wish so many things for her, that I've creased them like crunched post-its into the folds in my heart as if the allusion of keeping some things secret somehow grants them into fruition.  When I think of all that life has to offer, it's happinesses, pains, hurts, accomplishments, hurdles...all the things that make life life, I can't help but naively plead a bargain with all higher powers and twisting fates to let the tearful heartbreaks of my life grant her a free spirit and a heart unbidden with pain.

But, I suppose that's what being a sister is.  And if there's one thing I am certain of, it's that being her sister, truly is one of the most all encompassing joys I've ever been given in this life.  A couple weeks ago I got to spend one of the best possible Friday nights getting re-aquainted with my never far, inner-goofball.  With Dad and Alixe at the Elton John concert, we channeled the Sir himself, blasted Rocket Man and with the help of Canon's self timer we had a night to remember.


2 comments:

Clairephotoflash said...

Camille: you are hilarious and... boy, boy... such a fine writer! If I could ever put words together about my sister the way you do about yours, I know I would make her cry! (happy tears though) Sisterhood is a bond like no others! You make me miss my sis'!!
... Loved that post! Keep up with the writing! :-)

Catie Ronquillo said...

Beautiful words!! :)

Are you going to WPPI? I really want to go and have to scrounge the $$ as well. haha.

Thanks for the blog love!