Monday, October 20, 2008

"And when you figure you out love is all that matters after all, it sure makes everything else seem so small"

It's part of the human condition to be afraid, and being incredibly human I've always had my fair share. Stairs with no backs, dark basements, freddy krueger, rickety houses. I've got a pretty standard case of don't-like-to-be-alone-itis; all of my fears echo this. But weeks ago I faced one of my biggest while scrolling through my regular blog sites. In a simple post Jasmine Star wrote that she feared not saying I love you enough.

In six words I felt like a spotlight had shone hotly on the tightest place in my chest. My hands clammed, throat squeezed and it took a good handful of minutes to be able to gulp down the reality of my very palpable fear.

I've always been one of those people who gushes affection, it was one of the very best things my Mum taught me how to do. One of the very best things she knew how to do. Our life was turbulent at best sometimes, but even in the shakiest moments I never doubted her love for me or me for her. When she died, I realized that even saying it every breath didn't feel like enough, and that my heart would always wish desperately for one more chance to say it.

In the heartbreak of my loss for her, I've realized how many more chances I get to say it to all of the other wonderful people in my life. So in a celebration of living life to it's fullest brim I've been pinning essays in hallmark cards to all my loved ones, a small token that hopefully shows they are always in my thoughts, my heart.

Here are some of the classics I picked up recently:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Hanaumi Photography said...

So touching, Camille. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You've inspired me!

Jasmine said...

What an awesome post! :)

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

This post if great! I love it.

michelle ford said...

you know what camille.. it's the extra touch of a hand picked card and a wet signature .. o and the trip to the post office that makes that effort even more extra special and sincere. i totally commend you on it.