Thursday, December 18, 2008

"When it snows, ain't it thrilling, though your nose gets a chilling, we'll frolic and play, the eskimo way, walking in a winter wonderland"

I love Christmas and I love taking photographs so when Jen asked me to take some photos of her and her family setting up the tree it was a no brainer. Her parents come home this week from Dubai (Insert severe jealous remarks here) and the kids wanted some recent shots since well, they haven’t been ‘kids’ for quite some time now.

When I walked into their kitchen Christmas music was playing at that perfect level, you know, couple notches below ugly department store boom, and couple notches above a hum, and Jen was making perfect steaming mugs of marshmallow hot chocolate, and well the whole thing just seemed perfect. Far from any Christmas I’ve ever known, where everyone runs like hellions to fight for the first present opened and the last jam-jam cookie. It was such a wonderful cozy afternoon, fingers crossed I enter a similar sophisticated domain within the next decade :)

Out of all the pictures I’ve taken these past couple months, I have to say these next ones were some of my all time favorite to edit. Like sitting at my computer I could feel the winter chill goosebump across my skin, and hear Jennifer’s wicked laughter right before she shoved Katherine into the dump of snow. Thanks for helping me out with my portfolio Jen, Katherine and Alex, hopefully the rents love these as much as I do!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favorite...
Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Catie Ronquillo said...

Oooh Christmas tree fun and SNOW! Something we don't have in California (at least where I live).

Leah Haydock said...

Camille - these are beautiful! Although your description helps, I can almost feel the music and atmosphere and fun from your images - very inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Hi Camille...I hope to see the ones of my grandkids here soon....
and I hope u will take some of Uncle Dan and I this spring...we need some new one.
Happy New Year Sweetie...

Unknown said...

I love Adult Snow Angels!!! So much fun!!