Saturday, March 15, 2008

Here Comes The Sun

So here I am at my very first blog entry. A small first step, but I'm positive it's in the right direction! I've recently decided to take the leap of faith and turn a long time passionate hobby into my career.

For as long as I can remember photography has been my one outlet to channel all my turbulent feelings throughout this life. Whether it be joy, love, desperation, sadness...i've vented it all through that one lense.

Though it was my passion, it simmered on the back burner as others pushed me to find a "reasonable" job. Thus leading me to accounting; while not the most stimulating career choice, it proved to be challenging and financially rewarding. With the stability the business image reflected I felt confident in my choice and it has been my life for the past year and a half.

Until one random aligning of fate had me stumble across this website: http://www.thebschoolblog.com/. I firmly believe it was more than a stroke of luck that had me stumble across the amazing Becker (http://www.beckersblog.com/). I downloaded all 57 videocasts and became enthralled with the amazing world of support that he'd created. A particular episode focused on the thought that "we all start somewhere" and since I watched it I realized the changes I wanted to start making in my life. Needless to say I've been on the path to becoming more true to my self since.

So here starts this very first entry, a little rambly but hopefully one step towards a bright future!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow this girl is hot.....

tamillie i love you...this makes me so happy

Anonymous said...

way to start blogging and congrats on the 5D... it's a great camera!

[ b ]

Hollywood said...

I always knew you were brave. But now that I think on it, and look back at the energy in those black and whites of all of us at Muscle Beach in B.C. I know that your right about this.