Friday, April 4, 2008

Stay Yourself and Nothing Less....Stay Fearless

So I am a total slacker. This much is obvious, but I have honestlybeen so completely and utterly swamped. Really to sayswamped is an understatement.

My boss went for holidays and I'm in chargefor the next couple of weeks, so things have been slightlyresembling a type 3 hurricane around here. But enough of the excuses, here I am, and I'm going to try to get this back into a regular habit.

First off, I went to a great seminar last Saturday. Wedding photographer Davide Greene came to SAIT to do a small presentation and I managedto grab some tickets at the last minute and squeeze in.

I really liked a lot of his ideas, and found it great just to get my mind more immersed in the workflow of it all. It was also helpful to see what specific principles have worked to build his success so quickly.

I did try to mingle, though I must truthfullyadmit I'm quite shy and didn't manage a lot more than a whispered hello. My shyness has always been a tad ironic, since really the moment I'm comfortable and let my guard down I'm quite boisterous, loud and outgoing. I suppose that's another goal to set for myself: Get better at opening up more off the batwhen meeting new people.

In other news, I've been going around trying to look at other fellowwedding professionals around Calgary and found a boat load ofbeautiful photography.Though a standout I must say is Shelley of As I See It Photography, who is not only incredibly talented, but so amazingly kind-hearted. I've been talking with her and her generosity with advice has been so helpful.So here's a shout out to her, anyone and everyone should check out her blog here!!!

And with all that, I think I'm caught up. Hope everyone else has had a greatweek, and has an even better weekend :)

1 comments:

As I See It Photography said...

awww that was really sweet of you to say! I know how it is when you start out..it's tough! I didn't know you were at that talk...I was too! haha so close and yet so far ! Where were you sitting? Too bad you missed yesterday's shoot it was fun! We are going to tryt to do it in july again so I will keep you posted. I know you are busy but try to take some time for yourselff! Thanks again for the wonderful words, it made my day :)
Cheers, Shelley