Monday, June 30, 2008

"You Can't Always Get What You Want"

So I'm pretty sure that even my most closest of relatives have stopped checking this thing due to complete lack of upkeep and care. Though I do have a legitimate reason (isn't there always one?)

I've got to whisper it really really quietly, as I want neither my Dad nor SAIT to know

...........my laptop broke.

In a catastrophic but completely typical moment said toshiba decided to journey to a better place, a fact that I've been ignoring for some time now. The screen managed to crackle straight down the center, and with naive hopes I psychotically attempted to back it up while working with about 3" of screen. Somewhere around 2am on June the 8th it died so completely, that no matter how hard my fingers crossed and how deeply my technology loving heart hoped, there was no rescure.

It has since been gently ushered to the nearest computer store in an attempt to rescue any bits of life that remain inside. Thus, I have been thouroughly unattached to my blog, email, in essence the world (though to keep things honest here, I have glimpsed quick peeks at facebook and Becker's blog at work- so i'm not entirely unaware :)

I have set up our home computer now and am continuing to play through the pain of no laptop, no photoshop, no anything....looks like I'll be crossing off "Buy a Mac" from my list a little earlier than anticipated. Hopefully I'll start to become a little more regular on here again, as I really do love it!! Besides that chaotic twist, work and my photography class are great, will elaborate more in a better and happier post tomorrow :)

0 comments: